Welcome Reciprocal Guests
The Newport Harbor Yacht Club is a private club that welcomes reciprocal visitors provided that they have a current membership card from their yacht club. A letter of introduction in advance of your visit is greatly appreciated. Upon arrival at the Club, visitors are asked to check in at the front desk and obtain a guest card.
Guest cards are valid for a period of 10 consecutive days. Reciprocal guests are welcome to enjoy all of the amenities at the Club. All charges in the clubhouse must be paid with cash or credit card.
NHYC is open Wednesday through Sunday. Dining at the club includes the Main Dining Room, where a full menu of dishes prepared by our Executive Chef and his team is offered in a slightly more formal atmosphere. The Pirate’s Den Bar provides for a more casual dining experience, but offers the same great menu. Dining al fresco on our Main Deck is offered seasonally and is a great place to enjoy the spectacular view of the harbor.
Amenities and House Rules
Reciprocal guests may utilize all of our facilities, including the locker rooms, public computer and our complete food and beverage services. A 15% service charge and Orange County sales tax will be added to all food and beverage purchases, and we ask that you refrain from tipping.
- There are showers and restrooms available on a 24 hour basis, located on the east side of the property near the NHYC beach.
- Animals are not permitted on the property at any time.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the clubhouse or on the main deck.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times while in the clubhouse.
Water depth in Newport Harbor is very shallow in places. Please check the tide log and sounding chart prior to arrival.
Unfortunately, NHYC has no visitor slips and extremely limited visitor dock space. However, NHYC has several guest moorings and offers shore boat service to and from the club from 0730 hours until sunset. The NHYC main dock, located directly in front of the club, is for temporary use only.
If you are planning to visit NHYC, please contact the NHYC Dockmaster at 949-355-7974 to make arrangements prior to your arrival.
- All yachts visiting NHYC must identify themselves by flying their yacht club burgee.
- Contact the NHYC dock crew on VHF 71 (0730-sunset) once you have passed Bay Island, and they will be able to direct you to your guest mooring.
- If you arrive after hours, you may tie up to the main dock in front of the club, however someone needs to be aboard the boat until you are able to speak with the dockcrew.
- Go to the front desk and fill out a guest moorage registration form immediately. Fees are to be paid at the time of registration by cash or credit card.
Visiting Yacht Moorage Charges No charge will accrue for the first 48 hours, then charges are as follows:
- 30’ and smaller: $19 per day
- 31’-40’: $23 per day
- 41’-50’: $27 per day
- 51’ and larger: $31 per day